This past Saturday after a long day of perusing Estate sales and finding some nifty things me and my friend stopped by a place that happened to be nearby the last sale we went to. On a whim found it on Yelp and boy was it absolutely amazing.
Promoted as a Latin American spot, I typically have high expectations as my Puerto Rican background dictates that the flavors, spice and all around feel have to be pretty good.
We decided we would get a few things and just split them, because everything just looked wonderful.
- Domino Arepa (100% Corn Buns) filled with Black beans, sweet plantains and Queso fresco
- Torta de Pollo (Mexican Sandwich served with Yuca Fries) filled with chipotle chicken,cheese, avocado,onions, lettuce,black bean spread and chipotle aioli.
- Torta de Pernil (Mexican Sandwich served with Yuca Fries) filled with roasted pork, tomato, avocado, crispy onions, and chipotle aioli.
- Chips & Salsa
- Tostones (Fried Green Plantains) served with Chipotle Aioli Sauce
- Sparkling Limeade
Rating: Everything was fresh, flavorful, and there was enough spice where needed. 10 out of 10
Desserts & Coffee
- Dulce De Leche Cake
- Tres Leches Cake (Sponge Cake soaked in three different kinds of milk)
- Cubano Coffee (2 shots of Espresso with a raw sugar reduction)
- Vietnanese Coffee (Espresso with Sweetened Condensed Milk)
Cakes were perfect and light, not too heavy. Coffees, strong and perfectly sweet, no need to add anything.
Over all I was completely impressed, the ambiance, the location, the food, the people. I will make the 30 minute drive to Melrose, because the food is worth that and more! Check out the link below!