I had the pleasure of visiting La Cocina de Arismendy, a recently opened restaurant in Lawrence, MA last week. Exploring restaurants and writing an honest review is literally one of my favorite things to do because I can share all my experiences with you all and you can then check these places out! Let me tell you now, this Dominican restaurant will definitely become a local fave.
From the moment we walked in until we left everyone was so incredibly nice. It’s a great, large space with all the attention to details given. I really loved the table centerpieces with the mini cutting boards, candles & flowers. 🙂
So let’s get down to the food, shall we? Boasting an incredibly large menu with everything from appetizers to yummy juices to mofongo we had our pick of so many delicious flavors. Also, did you know they are the only restaurant in the area to boast the amazing “Tri-fongo”??? What is that you ask? Well keep reading and I’ll tell you all about it.
Such a large menu!!!
Appetizers: Croquetas de Pollo and Guava y Queso Empanaditas
Guava & Cheese Empanadas w/ Chocolate Drizzle
I mean look at that cheese pull 🙂
- The Chicken croquettes were delicious: crispy on the outside and filled with a yummy chicken filling- served with mayo-ketchup sauce
- The Guava & Cheese Empanadas were cheesy, hot and so good
Entrees: Pechuga a la Crema, Trifongo con Camarones a la Crema and Pechuga Rellena ( and Tostones of course)
Chicken breast in a cream sauce
Trifongo con Camarones a la Crema
- Trifongo is a take on the classic Mofongo which is mashed Green plantain with chicharron (pork). Trifongo is a combination of green plantain, sweet plantain, and cassava. It came with a caldo (broth) to dip that was incredibly savory. This particular one came with Shrimp in a rich cream sauce that was the perfect compliment. The Trifongo had the most amazing flavor of sweet and savory. Definite must try.
- I missed a picture of the Stuffed chicken breast, but it looked and smelled delicious. It was stuffed with sweet plantains and cheese.
- The chicken breast with cream sauce also smelled amazing. I mean literally, everything had the best flavor 🙂
Finally, lets talk about the juices. I had Tamarind Juice and it brought me back to Puerto Rico when I used to eat the tamarind right off the trees, so yummy! Also ordered for the table was Passionfruit juice and Strawberry Lemonade.
Look at these colors!
All in all a great experience here and can’t wait to go back and try some more things. Delicious food, great ambiance, and really friendly service.
All the eats,
Life as a Maven