I remember going to Maine almost every summer when I was a kid to go to camp and chill out by the lake. Once I grew up I didn’t go as often and really wanted to go back to have some new adventures and experiences. This last visit up to the Acadia Region was incredible, despite having a day with not so great weather.
Maine has the ability to literally take your stress and throw it to the wind. From the mountain views, rolling hills and serene cabins in the woods it is everything you need to de-stress. We had a wonderful little cabin which we found through Airbnb and it was smack in the middle of the woods on almost two acres of land. It was around 15-25 miles away from everything we wanted to do which was perfect because we saw some amazing scenery on all of our drives.
I hope you enjoy this post and everything there is to see and do and check out the tips….
- Sullivan, ME
- Bar Harbor, ME
- Ellsworth , ME
- Cadillac Mountain
- Schoodic Point
- Frazer Point
All of the places we visited had food, adventure and places to explore. We had our fill of Lobster, Blueberries and some childhood favorites. We also explored floating docks (yikes), bridges, mountains, trails and lot’s of water!
Our home base was Sullivan and from there we explored every other place. On day 1 we explored Bar Harbor, Schoodic Point, Frazer Point, Sullivan and a little inlet of Frenchman Bay. On Day 2 we drove to Ellsworth and then headed up to Cadillac Mountain.
Loved this bay area, so beautiful!
Schoodic Point and Frazer Point were gorgeous!
Exploring Bar Harbor and Cadillac Mountain
- Pat’s Pizza
- Governor’s Restaurant & Bakery
- Chester Pike’s Galley
- C-Ray Lobster
- Jordan Pond Ice Cream
- Choco-Latte Cafe
The food we ate in Maine was more than good, it was incredible. From Lobster filled omelletes to yummy, comfort filled late night pizzas we were well fed our entire trip. Check out the pictures below!
Chester Pike’s Galley
Lobster Omelette, Oatmeal Toast & Homefries
Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes
Look at the Lobster in this thing!!
Lobster Roll on Toasted Brioche Roll & side of Clam Chowder
Lobster Dinner with corn & mussels
This Blueberry pie was so, so good!
Jordan Pond Ice Cream
Cinnamon Toast Crunch- decadent!
This espresso kept us on our toes!
Half cheese/Half pepperoni
Governor’s Restaurant & Bakery
Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream
Biscuit, potatoes/onions, eggs & bacon-delicious
My waffle 🙂
- Start your day’s early, no matter how long you are in the area for its best to start early so you can see as much as possible
- Go to C-Ray Lobster, friendly people and incredible food – the clam chowder was top notch
- There are many ice cream shops in Bar Harbor, but check out Jordan Pond they also have super funky fudge and so many unique flavors.
- If you want potent espresso, check out Choco-Latte they also have plenty of other things to try
- Cadillac Mountain is beautiful but the road leading up to it is very windy and sometimes has steep drop-offs- be careful
- Have blueberry pie and lobster in Maine- otherwise its a waste 😀 😀 😀
- The crashing waves at Schoodic Point were incredible to watch and listen to. Super relaxing
Life as a Maven